1/20 Photos of Easy Low Fat Oven Roasted Peppered Potato Wedges
French Tart's Note:
This is my Dad's recipe!!! Brilliant low fat & EASY roasted potato wedges with freshly ground black pepper and olive oil. I have also added garlic, lemon wedges, fresh thyme, fresh rosemary, cumin, chilli.......the list is endless! I have posted the basic recipe and it is obviously easy to add whatever you like, depending on the mood, season & type of meal you are serving. For example, rosemary is great with lamb dishes; thyme and oregano marries wonderfully with Italian & French cuisine; garlic and lemons are GREAT with roast chicken. The basic peppered recipe is still my favourite though - I use fleur de sel (local sea salt) in mine - but any coarse salt will be fine. I have given measurements for about 4 people......it is easily adapted up or down however!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 220 C or 450°F.
- 2Wash and scrub your potatoes well - no need to peel them!
- 3Cut them into chunky wedges.
- 4Place in a ziplock bag or plastic container and add the olive oil & black pepper.
- 5Do NOT add the salt now as it encourages water!
- 6Shake the container or bag well - making sure every potato wedge has been covered in oil.
- 7Place peppered potatoes in a large and sturdy oven proof roasting tin - shake around to ensure they are in a single layer, more or less!
- 8Sprinkle on the sea salt and any herbs & spices you may be using.
- 9Give another good twist of ground black pepper over the potato wedges and roast in the oven for about 45 - 60 minutes or until crispy and brown!
- 10Sprinkle over any fresh herbs, if you are using them for a garnish or just serve "au natural" as a vegetable accompaniment.
- 11I often serve these in paper cornets for a light lunch or supper time snack with vinegar & sometimes, very naughty I KNOW, mayonnaise!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Low Fat Oven Roasted Peppered Potato Wedges
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.6
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 4.5 g