This is one of my absolute favourite things to drink, other than coffee and regular tea, that is! It's so easy, and it's good for you, too! You can buy ginger tea in packets, but it's better (and cheaper, too) to just make your own with fresh ginger. Thanks to Cdn Living Magazine for the original recipe I based this on!
- Place grated ginger into a 2-cup glass measuring cup.
- Fill to the 1-1/2 cup line with boiling water.
- Set timer for 10 minutes.
- When timer goes off, strain into a large mug and stir in sugar (you may need more or less, depending on how sweet you want your tea).
- Taste; if it's too strong (too gingery) for you, add a little more boiling water to your mug, but I found the strong taste really grew on me, so I hope you try it this way first!
- Sip and enjoy!
- Note#1: If that's too much, you can use just 1 tsp grated ginger and just 1 cup of boiling water, but I like a big mug.
- Note#2: a squeeze of lemon can be added, and maple syrup is an interesting replacement for the white sugar.
- Note#3: If you triple or quadruple this recipe, you can make a lovely pot of ginger tea instead of a single serving.