1/1 Photo of Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter
10 hrs 10 mins
This is the first recipe I ever used to can apple butter. Recipe starts out with applesauce, great for any time of year. It was my first time canning and it turned out great! This would make great Christmas gifts. I gave a lot of mine away earlier this year and everybody loved it. Their only complaint: put it into bigger jars! This recipe make a dark, spicy, and sweet apple butter. Makes a great sandwich with PB. Note: 3 quarts is equal to 12 cups or 96 ounces applesauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Add applesauce, sugars, and cider together in crock pot.
- 2Cover and cook on low for 3 hours.
- 3Add spices and cook on low, covered, for 3 more hours.
- 4Uncover and continue cooking on low for 1-4 hours or until sufficiently thickened. May take longer, depends on how thick you like it and your crock pot.
- 5Ladle hot apple butter into 1/2 pint or pint size canning jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
- 6Makes about 6 pints.
- 7If you're not into canning, this would probably freeze very well.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter
Serving Size: 1 (4260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1005.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 261.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 250.1 g
- Protein 1.0 g