Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salsa recipe is a my own variation of the salsa that my mother-in-law makes. I really hate store-bought salsa, so I was excited to find that she knew how to make a really easy, tasty salsa. Even though the ingredients are canned, it tastes incredibly fresh (thanks to the cilantro and lime juice.) My variation is different from my MIL's in that I added cilantro, garlic, and lime juice. Hers was still very delicious without it!
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 bunch cilantro
- 1 small onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Dice/chop the onion based on your preferences. I prefer to chop mine in a food processor.
- Remove cilantro leaves from stems. Discard stems, and chop cilantro leaves or run through food processor slightly.
- If you prefer really chunky salsa, then simply mix all ingredients together.
- I prefer a more blended salsa, so I use a food processor to make my Rotel and petite diced tomatoes a bit smaller.
- I never measure the minced garlic, cumin, lime juice, salt, or pepper, so the amounts are all estimates. You can adjust to your own personal tastes.
- Enjoy! I've been known to just eat it straight from the bowl. :-).
Excellent. I used one can of Rotel Hot and one can of Rotel Cilantro Lime diced tomatoes plus the juice of one whole lime. Tossed everything into my Ninja food processor and Viola. It's a keeper for me. Thanks for posting.
Didn't have any lime, but was still very good.
Great and very easy recipe. I used it for a party, and everyone loved it. Great idea for a simple salsa.