1/9 Photos of Easy Caramelized Bananas
These are great for breakfast over pancakes, waffles, french toast, crepes, oatmeal, etc. Or serve with low fat ice cream and toasted macadamia nuts for dessert. You can use regular tub margarine or butter in place of the cooking spray. However, this will double the cooking time, and make for a crunchier stickier outside to your banana.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice bananas into thick coins or lengthwise strips, depending on your preference.
- 2Pour sugar onto a plate. Roll bananas in sugar, until completely coated.
- 3Spray a medium size nonstick pan, and heat over medium high heat. Add bananas and sugar.
- 4Cook bananas until light to golden brown underneath, about 4-5 minutes (you can lift with a spatula or fork to peek). Be careful not to overcook or burn them (if you smell them browning, or see color in the pan, flip them right away). Keep in mind these times will vary, depending on your stove.
- 5Gently flip bananas over to brown other side, turning heat down to medium. The second side will brown in about one minute.
- 6Transfer to a plate that has been coated with cooking spray (otherwise they may stick - they are ooey gooey and sticky!) and serve. Alternately, slide them right onto your ice cream or breakfast food.
- 7Soak pan in hot water to facilitate cleaning.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Caramelized Bananas
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.5
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 1.2 g