Start the rice and assemble the ingredients first, then slice the onions, mince the jalapeno, and start on the spices and vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon water or 1 tablespoon oil (saute liquid)
- 1 tablespoon brown mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 fresh jalapeno, minced
- 12 ounces small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 cup water
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons currants or 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley or 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1 (10 count) package whole wheat flour tortillas or 1 (10 count) package white flour tortillas
- 3 cups cooked rice
- nonfat sour cream (optional)
- 1Heat a medium pot or skillet over medium-high heat.
- 2Add saute liquid, mustard seeds, cumin, and turmeric, stirring constantly.
- 3When seeds start to pop, add onion and jalapeno and saute a few minutes more.
- 4Add potatoes, salt, and water, and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- 5Watch closely as it cooks, adding more water, if needed, just enough to keep the pot bottom covered until the very end.
- 6Add lime juice and stir quickly to deglaze the pan.
- 7Stir in peas, currants, and parsley.
- 8Heat through and spoon into warm tortillas with rice and a spoonful of sour cream, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for East Indian Pea & Potato Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (1865 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 444.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 5.9 g