Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious, robust tomato condiment that can accompany grilled foods, curry, or as a mix-in for pasta or a baked potato topping. Try it in the summer with garden-fresh tomatoes - outstanding!
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 small white onion, minced
- 1 green onion, white and little part of green,chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Add about 2 tbsp. water to halved cherry or grape tomatoes in a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer until tomatoes are softened and slightly broken up, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and stir in onions, cilantro, parsley, jalapeno, lemon juice and salt.
- Let flavors meld for about an hour, then serve, preferably at room temperature.
I loved it, Mr. Womderful loved it, Precious MIracle (daughter) loved it - only changes I made - added garlic (cuz I just have to have garlic) and I used the stick blender on the tomato simply because I do not like chucky tomato. Flavors were fabulous and will make it again and again. Served with papadum and life was wonderful
Hey, not just my FIL but all in the family and the ones who visited...(relatives from my MIL's side) had this...know what i was a scared to serve those who came for they are very perticular abt their diets...but it was a bulls eye on success! every one had it, and there were demands for second servings but ...i couildnt fulfill...i was verry happy...i didnt use cherry tomatoes...but the ordinary ones availabe here...in asian/indian markets...donno what they are called...i dint have any parsley with me either...so i just did it with cilantro...it was just yumms...thanks for suggesting!
I made this with homegrown roma tomatoes and we all loved it.