Similar to pickled beets or any other pickled vegetable. My husband and children ate these like they were candy but they wouldn't touch beets to save their lives!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pare carrots and cut into 4" long sticks.
- 2Boil in unsalted water till crisply tender.
- 3Immediately place carrots into ice water to cool.
- 4Pack upright into sterilized jars (the smaller canning jar).
- 5Place 2 tablespoons of dill and 1/2 clove of garlic in each jar.
- 6Heat water, vinegar, salt, sugar and cayenne to boiling, fill jars and seal properly.
- 7Let jars cool then store.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dilled Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (1993 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.3
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7143.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g