Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Similar to pickled beets or any other pickled vegetable. My husband and children ate these like they were candy but they wouldn't touch beets to save their lives!!
- Pare carrots and cut into 4" long sticks.
- Boil in unsalted water till crisply tender.
- Immediately place carrots into ice water to cool.
- Pack upright into sterilized jars (the smaller canning jar).
- Place 2 tablespoons of dill and 1/2 clove of garlic in each jar.
- Heat water, vinegar, salt, sugar and cayenne to boiling, fill jars and seal properly.
- Let jars cool then store.