I am on a rather strict diet at the moment, and came up with this yummy dessert that meets the letter of the 'law' if not the spirit! Be sure to use pineapple in its own juice, NOT pineapple in syrup. Cook time is chill time - this is very quick to make.
- Mix the pineapple, with its juice, the soymilk and the tapioca in a medium sized pot.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Once it begins to simmer, turn it down and continue stirring, until thickened, about 10 minutes. There should not be any white specks left in the tapioca.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Divide amongst small serving dishes and garnish with a few berries if desired; blueberries, strawberries or raspberries would all be good.