Prep 4 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I got the idea when a Sunday brunch place we go to served watermelon juice.
Make and share this Dianthum recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large watermelon
- 1 (750 ml) bottle champagne
- Refrigerate watermelon and champagne of your choice (we prefer sweet champagne) overnight.
- Remove watermelon from the fridge and slice in half. Scoop the meat into a large bowl.
- Place the watermelon flesh into a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. If there is not enough room, blend a portion at a time. Strain the watermelon puree through a wire strainer (I use a metal tea strainer) into a see-through container.
- Chill for one hour. You will notice the remainder of the pulp will settle, leaving a pale pink upper layer. Ladle the upper watery layer into a pitcher. Discard the hot pink lower layer. Continue to chill your new pitcher, if desired.
- In champagne glasses, pour one part champagne, one part watermelon juice.
- Servings vary. Enjoy!