Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the most incredible cranberry sauce -- and the one that goes on the table at our house every Thanksgiving. Very easy to do, very different, very delicious -- and I hope you enjoy it! Cooling time not included in preparation time.
- 1 lb fresh cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange, peeled,seeded,and chopped fine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- ground cinnamon, to taste
- Wash cranberries and set aside.
- Bring sugar and water to a boil.
- Add cranberries, oranges and cloves.
- Simmer over a high flame, stirring frequently, until berries pop open.
- Add crushed pineapple, walnuts and cinnamon, and blend.
- Cool and serve.
Me and my family absolutely loved this recipe on Thanksgiving this year! The only thing I changed was that I left out the crushed pineapple (did not have any). This dish was such a nice refreshing alternative to our normal cranberry recipe - Yum!
I fixed this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner, and most of my family really enjoyed it. (Everyone except the picky ones who don't like to try anything new!). My bag of cranberries was only 12 ounces, but I didn't cut back any of the other ingredients. I loved the walnuts in it. I didn't know how much cinnamon to add, so I added 1 teaspoon. My daughter said she really enjoyed the cinnamon. I liked it too, but next time I won't use as much, probably only 1/2 teaspoon. I have eaten homemade cranberry sauces before, but never made one. It was really simple to make. I will definitely make this again!
Made exactly as directed and it wasn't all that spectacular and I will not repeat. Not too fond of the nuts and ended up throwing most of it out.