1/2 Photos of Diana's Egyptian Lentils & Rice
8 hrs 15 mins
Easy. Healthy. Vegan. Crockpot. Yummy. How can you *not* want to make this? Credit goes to "Diana in Wisconsin" of the Simple Living Discussion Forums. The amount of servings depends on whether you're making this as a main dish or a side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the olive oil into the bottom of the crock pot.
- 2Turn the pot onto the highest setting and add the onions.
- 3Allow the onions warm in the oil for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Add the remaining ingredients, including the water.
- 5If cooking the dish all day, reduce heat to low, otherwise leave on high setting.
- 7Stir the dish while in the crock- If it is dry, add a little water- If it's soup-like, remove lid for a little while, or turn heat to high setting.
- 8It's tasty as a main meal or as a pilaf to accompany other meals- Cook for 8 hours on low or 4-5 on high.
- 9NOTE: Start with 5 cups water or broth- That way it won't be"mushy" if you make this recipe while you're out for the entire day- You can always add more water or broth, but it's hard to"un-mush" lentils& rice!
- 10Note for Vegetarian do NOT use chicken broth.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Diana's Egyptian Lentils & Rice
Serving Size: 1 (269 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 451.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 14.5 g