1 hr 15 mins
I'm currently doing a detox program which involves not eating a lot of food which I normally really enjoy. One of the things I crave most (apart from beer) is curry. The following curry is made from 100% organic foods, and each ingredient should have no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (cold pressed)
- 2 teaspoons black mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar (unfiltered)
- 500 ml rice milk
- 2 large potatoes, peeled
- 1 large sweet potato (red)
- 400 g crushed tomatoes, canned organic
- 250 g butternut pumpkin, chopped
- 1/4 cup red lentil
- 1 cup cauliflower floret
- 1 cup broccoli floret
- 1Put oil into a large frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- 2Roast all the spices in the pan.
- 3Add garlic and onions and cook until sweating.
- 4Add apple cider vinegar, stirring rapidly. The spices should not burn, and the cider should help bind the spices to the onions.
- 5In a large pot, boil chopped potato, chopped pumpkin, chopped sweet potato until tender.
- 6In a small pot, cook lentils.
- 7Reduce heat on frying pan.
- 8Add rice milk slowly, stirring to combine thoroughly.
- 9Drain cooked lentils and add to milk mixture (this thickens the milk).
- 10Add the canned tomatoes (if they are chunky, chop them up first).
- 11Drain and rinse the potatoes and pumpkin and ad to the milk mixture.
- 12About 5 minutes before serving, add broccoli and cauliflower to mixture (prevents it going really soggy).
- 13Serve on a bed of organic brown rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Detox Indian Style Curry (100% Organic)
Serving Size: 1 (342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 510.1
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 332.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.1 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 11.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: