Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and made it ages ago, and positively LOVED it! Then, for some odd reason, I forgot all about it. Today, when I was going through my allrecipes cookbook, I rediscovered it, and just HAD to post it here. You gotta try this... it's definitely worth all that chopping!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- In a large pot combine combine all the ingredients-- yep, ALL of them together in one go!
- Heat to just boiling, cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until all vegetable are tender, approximately 45 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve with cooked pasta of your choice!