1 hr 15 mins
I received this basic recipe from a friend but modified it after many, many.. many batches! My friends will literally pour this into a wine glass and drink it, and they constantly beg me to make it! It's not sweet like many salsas, and has a good oniony base, which is what I think makes it so good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a food processor, process garlic, peppers, and cilantro until very fine.
- 2Add in the onions and process until very small pieces, but not so small as to be like a paste.
- 3Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- 4Add in fresh tomatoes and canned tomatoes, then blend with an immersion blender until it becomes the consistency you prefer.
- 5Add in salt, mix well, and refrigerate for at least one hour before eating, in order to let the flavors blend.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious "drink Me" Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 480.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 0.9 g