1/2 Photos of Delicious and Simple Potato Soup (Vegan)
This creamy VEGAN potato soup is totally delicious. It's perfect to enjoy for lunch or dinner. Add kale, leeks, etc. to your taste. -- Came from the cookbook Everyday Wholesome Eating by Kim Wilson. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (olive or grapeseed oil works too)
- 2 onions (or leeks)
- 3 -4 stalks celery, sliced
- 4 potatoes, cubed (with or without skins peeled)
- 2 garlic cloves (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 -5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or 1 Tbsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon dill (optional)
- 1Sauté chopped onions and celery in oil over high heat for 3-5 minutes in a large pot.
- 2Add rest of vegetables, water, thyme, and basil. Cook over medium heat until tender (this takes about 30 minutes).
- 3Purée in blender or food processor until smooth and pour back into pot.
- 4Add the rest of the seasonings and salt, and simmer over low heat for an additional 10 minutes.
- 5Variation: Break 1 bunch kale into small pieces, steam, and add to soup in the last 10 minutes.
- 6Variation: Purée just one half of soup for a more chunkier version.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Delicious and Simple Potato Soup (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (365 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 256.0
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 629.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 5.3 g