This spicy Salvadoreno coleslaw is the traditional zesty topping for pupusas (thick corn tortillas stuffed with cheese). You can also try serving it with fish or black beans, inside burritos or on top of quesadillas.
- Using a hand-grater or the grater attachment of your food processor, shred cabbage, carrots and onion.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to press all the ingredients down so they are submerged in liquid.
- Allow to rest at room temperature or in the refrigerator before serving, ideally for at least 4-6 hours.
- Serve with pupusas, or as a topping for fish, quesadillas, or other dishes.