1/1 Photo of Curtido De Repollo - El Salvadorean Cabbage Salad
What's Cooking?'s Note:
This spicy Salvadoreno coleslaw is the traditional zesty topping for pupusas (thick corn tortillas stuffed with cheese). You can also try serving it with fish or black beans, inside burritos or on top of quesadillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Using a hand-grater or the grater attachment of your food processor, shred cabbage, carrots and onion.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Use the back of a wooden spoon to press all the ingredients down so they are submerged in liquid.
- 4Allow to rest at room temperature or in the refrigerator before serving, ideally for at least 4-6 hours.
- 5Serve with pupusas, or as a topping for fish, quesadillas, or other dishes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curtido De Repollo - El Salvadorean Cabbage Salad
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 47.4
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 261.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 1.4 g