1 hr 26 mins
One of the girls in my lunch bunch made this for us. I loved it and she was kind enough to share the recipe. Adapted from Moosewood.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups red lentils
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 fresh green chili pepper, minced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 cups water
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1Rinse the lentils well.
- 2In a saucepan, add water and lentils; cover pan and bring to a boil.
- 3Lower the heat, uncover the pan, and simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- 4In a big soup pot, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- 5Add onion and minced chile; saute for several minutes.
- 6Add the sweet potatoes, curry powder, cumin, and ginger; saute 2-3 minutes, stirring often.
- 7Add in the 2 cups of water.
- 8Add the cauliflower florets and bell peppers; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 9While the vegetables are simmering, pour the lentils and their cooking liquid into the container of an electric blender and puree for 2-3 minutes, to make a smooth dahl.
- 10When the cauliflower is tender, add in the spinach, lentil puree, and lemon juice.
- 11Simmer just until the spinach has wilted.
- 12Add salt to taste and serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Vegetables with Dahl
Serving Size: 1 (859 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 537.5
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 183.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 25.5 g