This recipe might sound a little strange but if you fix it once you will fix it often. It also freezes fine.
- Wash and sort the lentils and cook until they are tender but firm.
- 4 cups of water High Heat 10 minutes and low/medium heat 15 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet.
- When it is hot, add the garlic and saute over moderately low heat for 1 minute then add the spinach and cook about 2 mins or so until all the leaves are wilted.
- Add the lentils and the remaining ingredients to the skillet.
- cover and simmer over very low heat for 15 minutes.
- This is good over mashed potatoes, rice or couscous.