1 hr 10 mins
Recipe from epicurious.com. I've yet to try it, I hope it comes out well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, chopped and peeled
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (preferably Madras-style)
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 9 1/2 cups water (or more)
- 1 (16 ounce) bag dried lentils (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1 (6 ounce) bag baby spinach leaves
- 1Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Add next 4 ingredients; sauté until golden, about 10 minutes.
- 3Stir in curry powder, ginger, cumin, bay leaf, and dried crushed red pepper.
- 4Add 9 1/2 cups water and dried lentils; bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered until lentils are tender, adding more water by 1/2 cupfuls to thin soup, if desired, about 25 minutes.
- 6Add spinach; simmer until spinach is wilted, about 5 minutes.
- 7Season soup with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Lentil and Spinach Soup
Serving Size: 1 (848 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.6
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 95.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 38.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 31.9 g