Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A quick way to get your antioxidants in vegetables and curry powder. Found in the Sunday paper, EAT SMART by Jean Carper
- 15 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 8 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (to taste)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Microwave on high, covered, for 10 minutes or until onions are soft.
This is an excellent recipe. I make this often. I always use canned chickpeas for convenience. It's a quick and tasty side to any main dish.
Wordeful dish! I enjoyed so much, easy to make and full of taste and aroma! I boiled my chickpeas cause I dont like using canned foods, and I also added one tablespoon of olive oil. Its a keeper! Thanks Lauralee. Made it for PAC Fall 2007.