1/5 Photos of Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes
Kozmic Blues's Note:
This is a simple vegetarian curry dish that you can make as spicy or as mild as you like. Please feel free to experiment with the spices, or try different types curry powders to suit your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons brown mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced (I usually take a 2 inch piece of ginger and run it over my microplane grater)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 head)
- 1 cup water
- fresh black pepper
- 1 cup fresh peas (can use frozen)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1Peel potatoes and cut into cubes, about 1 inch.
- 2Place potatoes in bowl of water until ready to use.
- 3Place mustard seeds in a saucepan over medium heat, and cook until they begin to pop (1-2 minutes) Add the oil, onion, garlic and ginger and cook until onions begin to soften.
- 4Next add the spices cook until their fragrance intensifies.
- 5Keep stirring.
- 6Drain potatoes and add to pan along with the cauliflower florets.
- 7Stir well to coat everything with the spices.
- 8Add the cup of water and cook covered until the potatoes are just about tender, about 15 minutes.
- 9Season with salt and pepper.
- 10Next add the peas and cook uncovered until tender, and until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 11(3-5 more minutes) Add chopped cilantro and serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Cauliflower and Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g