Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This soup is delicious made with carrots. It may also be made with sweet potatoes or winter squash. It's rick in Vitamin A. Enjoy!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped or 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 cup apple cider
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon yogurt or 2 teaspoons cilantro leaves
- Saute onion and garlic and celery in 2 teaspoons olive oil in large soup pot.
- Add carrots or potatoes, vegetable broth, and curry powder and bring to boil.
- Simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and puree.
- Add lemon juice or cider and salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Serve with yogurt or cilanto leaves as garnish.