Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This soup is delicious made with carrots. It may also be made with sweet potatoes or winter squash. It's rick in Vitamin A. Enjoy!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped or 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 cup apple cider
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon yogurt or 2 teaspoons cilantro leaves
- Saute onion and garlic and celery in 2 teaspoons olive oil in large soup pot.
- Add carrots or potatoes, vegetable broth, and curry powder and bring to boil.
- Simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and puree.
- Add lemon juice or cider and salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- Serve with yogurt or cilanto leaves as garnish.