This soup is delicious made with carrots. It may also be made with sweet potatoes or winter squash. It's rick in Vitamin A. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (optional)
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped or 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 cup apple cider
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon yogurt or 2 teaspoons cilantro leaves
- 1Saute onion and garlic and celery in 2 teaspoons olive oil in large soup pot.
- 2Add carrots or potatoes, vegetable broth, and curry powder and bring to boil.
- 3Simmer until carrots are tender, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, cool slightly, and puree.
- 4Add lemon juice or cider and salt and pepper to taste and stir well.
- 5Serve with yogurt or cilanto leaves as garnish.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Curried Carrot Soup
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.6
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.4 mg
- Sodium 160.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 11.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: