Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a thick creamy carrot puree. It can be served warm or cold. This is an adaptation from a recipe I found in "The Fat Smash Diet".
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 10 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 sprig Italian parsley
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- Add onion and carrots and olive oil in a medium saucepan and saute until soft, aproximately 10 - 15 minutes.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes.
- Remove parsley and bay leaves.
- Use immersion blender and puree until smooth. (You can also use a blender if you don't have an immersion blender.).
- Additionally, you can run it thorough a strainer to make it more smooth.