Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve this flavorful and refreshing salad as a main dish or side dish. We're a family of spice wimps, so it works nicely with just mildly spiced. (Don't tell that it's healthy, vegan, low fat, and probably gluten free.)
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 cup chopped onion (I use frozen)
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste or 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mild curry powder (or more, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn, undrained (To make this gluten free, check ingredients, some contain modified food starch, which may not be GF.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 rice cakes, crumbled (to soak up juice. You could try draining the tomatoes or using more cooked rice and or or raisins in)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Drain & rinse beans.
- Stir all ingredients together.
- I microwave it until it simmers, about 9 minutes, but you can probably skip this step.
- Chill & serve.