Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A healthy hot tea that doesn't make you drowsy. Drink when you feel under the weather. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- artificial sweetener
- In a medium saucepan on high heat, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the ginger and cayenne and reduce heat.
- Simmer for 20 minutes and strain.
- Add sweetener to taste.
- Drink and be healthy.
This is extremely spicy, I think because of the ginger amount or being grated which I did finely. I had to use a considerable amount of organic Canadian unpasteurised honey and it was still hard to drink but I guess it will give some health benefits which I need so I drank most of it!
Honey is the best sweetner for this. Ginger and cayenne both are great for helping you get over illness. I also used it all the time for my morning sickness.
Too spicy for me as an alone drink, but it's absolutely great when added to tea (about 4tablespoons per cup).