Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this yet, but am posting it here for safekeeping. I'm looking forward to trying it!
Make and share this Cucumber Ketchup recipe from Food.com.
- Pare enough ripe cucumbers to make 1 quart after seeds and soft centers have been removed. Add onion, pepper, and enough water to prevent sticking.
- Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until tender, about 20-30 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Cook slowly, stirring frequently, until thick.
- Serve with burgers, as a relish with meats, etc.
- The instructions didn't say anything about canning, but there is enough vinegar to can. Place into sterilzed jars(1 cup), seal, and place in water bath about 10 minutes.
several people have tried this recipe since I made it ,some loved it ,some hated it . It reminds me of chow chow .It is a wonderful recipe for excess cucumbers.Since it is canning season I made some adjustments.I cooked cucumbers,onions,and pepper in crockpot till tender ,then drained off excess liquid ,added other ingredients,cooked few hours more then cooked it down on stovetop. this helped sice i was canning other things at the time.