Posted in response to a request for a Turkish salad. I have not tried this recipe but it sounds pretty similar to a salad my grandma used to make!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tomatoes into 10 wedges.
- 2Pare the cucumber; cut it in half lengthwise& then in thin slices.
- 3Cut onion in half lengthwise& then slice paper thin.
- 4Put the onion slices into a bowl, sprinkle with salt& squeeze in the palm of a hand.
- 5Rinse& pat dry.
- 6On a platter, arrange in succession rows of tomatoes, cucumber slices& onion pieces.
- 7Sprinkle with the dill, salt& chili pepper.
- 8Mix vinegar& dressing& pour over the salad enough to moisten it well.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (109 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 24.3
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g