Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
My take on Cuban-style black bean soup
Make and share this Cuban Black Bean Soup a La Beckstrom recipe from Food.com.
- In a blender or food processor (I used a magic bullet) blend the canned beans to desired consistency - you might need to add some water.
- In a pan, sauté the garlic, onion, peppers, carrot, and tomato in olive oil (adding them periodically in that order).
- Once cooked and mushy, blend the veggies until smooth.
- Combine the blended veggies and blended beans in a pot.
- Add smoked paprika and black pepper to taste.
- Add the lime juice.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- The beans will turn a darker shade of black- at that point add oregano, red pepper flakes, and liberal amounts of cumin.
- Serve hot! Goes well with fried plantains.