Chris Beckstrom's Note:
My take on Cuban-style black bean soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a blender or food processor (I used a magic bullet) blend the canned beans to desired consistency - you might need to add some water.
- 2In a pan, sauté the garlic, onion, peppers, carrot, and tomato in olive oil (adding them periodically in that order).
- 3Once cooked and mushy, blend the veggies until smooth.
- 4Combine the blended veggies and blended beans in a pot.
- 5Add smoked paprika and black pepper to taste.
- 6Add the lime juice.
- 7Simmer for 30 minutes.
- 8The beans will turn a darker shade of black- at that point add oregano, red pepper flakes, and liberal amounts of cumin.
- 9Serve hot! Goes well with fried plantains.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cuban Black Bean Soup a La Beckstrom
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 27.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 38.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 38.5 g