A hearty vegetarian curry prepared in the crock pot to allow flavors a long melding time, yielding a deep, savory, and, depending on your curry powder, explosive dish.
- 4 small potatoes, diced or 4 small potatoes, chunked
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans kidney beans or 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 2 white onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon good quality curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan or skillet. Add spices, saute for 1 minute or so.
- Add onions and saute for 2 - 5 minutes.
- Add both cans of Rotel.
- Pour mixture into crockpot. Add potatoes and canned beans to crockpot.
- Allow to crock on low for 6 - 9 hours or on high for 3 - 5 hours, depending on your crockpot.
- Serve over rice or with makki di roti (indian cornbread).