Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I discovered pita bread at a new store here, and totally fell in love with it! After trying a few recipes on Zaar and posting a request on the message boards, I decided to make an attempt at originality, and came up with this for lunch today. Even if I do say so myself, it's reallllly yum :-) Try it, you won't be disappointed!
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celcius (480 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Spread one tablespoon of hummus evenly over each of the pita halves.
- Sprinkle generously with oregano and paprika.
- Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain; slice into strips.
- Meanwhile, slice each black olive into four slices.
- Arrange the olive slices and sun-dried tomato strips over the two pita halves; sprinkle with pepper.
- Bake the pitas on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned; ensure that they do not burn!
- Serve immediately.
Surprisingly good and easy and quick to make. It is very important that the tomatoes are allowed to soak thoroughly, or you wil have difficulties swallowing... ;-)
This was a great, quick and tasty lunch. I made it exactly as written, using whole wheat pita and kalamata olives. It was delicious. I also made one with roasted red peppers instead of the sundried tomatoes. Thanks for sharing this one.