I discovered pita bread at a new store here, and totally fell in love with it! After trying a few recipes on Zaar and posting a request on the message boards, I decided to make an attempt at originality, and came up with this for lunch today. Even if I do say so myself, it's reallllly yum :-) Try it, you won't be disappointed!
My Private Note
pita pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250 degrees Celcius (480 degrees Fahrenheit).
- 2Spread one tablespoon of hummus evenly over each of the pita halves.
- 3Sprinkle generously with oregano and paprika.
- 4Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water for 5 minutes; drain; slice into strips.
- 5Meanwhile, slice each black olive into four slices.
- 6Arrange the olive slices and sun-dried tomato strips over the two pita halves; sprinkle with pepper.
- 7Bake the pitas on a wire rack for 5-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned; ensure that they do not burn!
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Pita Pizzas with Olives and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.5
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 867.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 9.7 g