1/1 Photo of Crispy Fried Shallots
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil to 360°F.
- 2Separate the shallot slices into rings and place them in a medium bowl.
- 3Make certain the shallots are not moist, since otherwise they may splatter when they go into the oil.
- 4Sprinkle flour over the shallots and toss them lightly to coat evenly.
- 5Working with a small quantity, sprinkle the shallots over the oil and stir gently to keep them separated.
- 6Fry until golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
- 7Remove with a slotted spoon, then put on paper towels to drain the oil.
- 8Sprinkle with salt while still warm.
- 9Continue frying the rest of the shallots, salting each batch while it is still warm.
- 10Use as a garnish for Spiced Carrot Soup, Spiced Carrot Soup / M Milliken & S Feniger.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crispy Fried Shallots
Serving Size: 1 (36 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 391.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g