Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Heat the oil to 360°F.
- Separate the shallot slices into rings and place them in a medium bowl.
- Make certain the shallots are not moist, since otherwise they may splatter when they go into the oil.
- Sprinkle flour over the shallots and toss them lightly to coat evenly.
- Working with a small quantity, sprinkle the shallots over the oil and stir gently to keep them separated.
- Fry until golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, then put on paper towels to drain the oil.
- Sprinkle with salt while still warm.
- Continue frying the rest of the shallots, salting each batch while it is still warm.
- Use as a garnish for Spiced Carrot Soup, Recipe #108333.
This is very good.Thank you for making it a success.
This is good on green bean casserole. My MIL uses canned french fried onions...but these are so much better! Jelly
I made sure this came out crispy as the recipe implies and they were delicious on topping of the ready made mushroom soup we had on hand. DH was about to eat everything as is until I reminded him that I had to save some for your carrot soup we plan to have soon! It tastes like fried onion rings but thinner. Real good! Thanks, son! Made for PAC Fall baby 2008.