Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I ran acrosss this recipe on the Pepperfool website and it sounds like it's right up my alley loving spicy foods as I do.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped (red or green)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 16 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 15 1⁄2 ounces red beans, rinsed
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat until hot.
- Add celery, onion, bell and chile peppers; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Not great. There is no seasoning in this recipe AND the amount of rice is way too little in my mind. I added rice and my own seasoning. Didn't turn out great.