Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I ran acrosss this recipe on the Pepperfool website and it sounds like it's right up my alley loving spicy foods as I do.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped (red or green)
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 16 ounces no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 15 1⁄2 ounces red beans, rinsed
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat until hot.
- Add celery, onion, bell and chile peppers; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender.