This is an adaptation of my grandmother's rice pudding which I fondly remember. It is non-dairy and naturally sweetened, for my darling husband. It is a creamy dreamy warm after school treat on a cold winter day. A big favourite in my house, I know you'll love it as much as we do. Try flavoured soy beverages for a taste variation, just cut back or omit the maple syrup, vanilla and spices as required.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the water and rice together on medium heat until the rice releases its starch and becomes creamy.
- 2Add 1 cup soy milk and the maple syrup. Simmer, stirring frequently until most of the soy milk is absorbed, and the rice is bubbly and thick (about 7 minutes).
- 3Add second and third cups of soy milk in the same manner as the first, continuing to stir frequently.
- 4When the pudding has reached the desired creaminess (about 5 minutes following last soy milk addition), remove from heat and add the vanilla and spices.
- 5Ladle into serving bowls and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 6The pudding may be eaten warm or cold, and will firm up a little as it cools.
- 7Store covered in the refrigerator up to two days, if it lasts that long.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Dreamy Rice Pudding (Non-Dairy)
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 222.0
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 70.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 7.6 g