Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this as a solution to leftover coconut milk and a fresh pineapple. And even on Weight Watchers, it was worth saving points for this dessert. The whole recipe has a total of 8 points. The rum for this dessert should be golden- a light rum will not produce the same depth of flavour. Number of servings will depend on the size of pineapple used- increase the sauce if using a large pineapple.
- Preheat the oven to 300°F or 150°C (this is the temperature I use although my oven is fan-assisted so if yours is not, you may wish to use a higher temperature).
- Peel and core the pineapple. Slice it into bite-size chunks and lay flat in one layer on a baking tray (I use pyrex).
- Scatter the brown sugar/brown sugar Splenda evenly over the top.
- In a glass, mix the coconut milk with the rum. Pour over the pineapple and put in the oven.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes uncovered, turning and stirring every 10 minutes.
- Serve the pineapple chunks warm with the sauce drizzled over the top. Whipped cream would also be a good addition!
I also topped this sweet goodness with fine grated coconut. Yummy! Thanks. Made for ZWT 2011
I used this over vanilla ice cream and thought it was wonderful. I sprinkled it with a little nutmeg before I put it in the oven. The rum was very subtle and I thought next time I might even use some spice rum in the recipe. Made for ZWT7
This made for a GREAT dessert tonight. Loved the flavor, the coconut milk/rum combo gave it a nice, but subtle taste. I did leave out the whipped topping, and for those who have any question on the baking time, I baked mine for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. A keeper here. Made for PRMR tag..