1/3 Photos of Creamy Coconut and Rum Baked Pineapple
I came up with this as a solution to leftover coconut milk and a fresh pineapple. And even on Weight Watchers, it was worth saving points for this dessert. The whole recipe has a total of 8 points. The rum for this dessert should be golden- a light rum will not produce the same depth of flavour. Number of servings will depend on the size of pineapple used- increase the sauce if using a large pineapple.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 300°F or 150°C (this is the temperature I use although my oven is fan-assisted so if yours is not, you may wish to use a higher temperature).
- 2Peel and core the pineapple. Slice it into bite-size chunks and lay flat in one layer on a baking tray (I use pyrex).
- 3Scatter the brown sugar/brown sugar Splenda evenly over the top.
- 4In a glass, mix the coconut milk with the rum. Pour over the pineapple and put in the oven.
- 5Cook for 30-35 minutes uncovered, turning and stirring every 10 minutes.
- 6Serve the pineapple chunks warm with the sauce drizzled over the top. Whipped cream would also be a good addition!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Creamy Coconut and Rum Baked Pineapple
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 57.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g