Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
A rich and creamy soup. Perfect for cold Winter nights.
Make and share this Creamy Butternut Squash & Potato Soup (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 butternut squash, cubed
- cooking spray
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups water, separated into 2-cup portions
- 3 teaspoons marjoram
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon sage
- salt & pepper, to taste (I like 1 1/2 teaspoons salt & 1 teaspoon pepper)
- 2 cups soymilk
- Preheat oven to 375°F Spray a baking sheet with oil and spread squash onto sheet. Spray squash lightly, covering the surface of them. Roast for 20-30 minutes, until tender.
- Place celery, garlic, potato, carrot and onion in a large pot with 2 cups water, marjoram, bay leaves, sage, and salt & pepper. Bring water to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and add 2 cups water, soy milk, and squash to pot. Using an immersion blender puree soup. It doesn't need to be completely smooth, but try to avoid leaving large chunks of vegetables.
- (If you don't have an immersion blender put the vegetables into a food processor with the 2 cups of water and blend until smooth. Return to pot and add milk.).
- Heat soup until warm.
Excellent soup! I was a little worried at first about the herbs being overwhelming - but it came out perfect. I used (fake) chicken broth in place of the water - otherwise made it as is. Thanks for posting!