Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in the october 06 edition of magazine Châtelaine Québec. I veganized it. Not tried yet, but i guess this is yummy.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 leeks, chopped (white part only)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 1⁄2 lb shiitake mushroom, peeled, cutted, stem removed
- 1 cup unsweetened soymilk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a big pot, over medium heat, put half of the oil. Add the leeks and cook until they are tender.
- Add the broth, the potato, the corn and the celery. Cover and let cook until the vegetable are tenders (20 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, sauté the mushrooms in the rest of the oil. Season to taste.
- Cream the soup with a blender.
- Put the soup in bowls. Make a nest of mushrooms over and serve piping hot.
Made for Pick a Chef '06 Very nice flavor & pretty presentation. The instructions do not say what to do w/ the soy milk -- so I added it after I pureed the vegetables. I also added salt & pepper to the sauted shitake mushrooms. Thanks for the submission -- One other suggestion: change the name of the recipe to identify it as a soup (e.g. Cream of Corn & Leek Soup w/ Shitake Mushrooms)