Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from a listing in Bon Appétit (Nov 1998), this is a Thanksgiving favorite! I make a double batch the night before and save a little for another use. Spread a thick layer over a small round of brie and bake 10 mins at 400 degrees F for an impressive appetizer.
- Bring juice to simmer in heavy, large saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cherries and let stand 8 minutes.
- Mix in sugar, then cranberries, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Cook over medium-high heat until cranberries burst, stirring occasionally, about 9 minutes.
- Refrigerate at least 4 hours (it will thicken as it cools) or up to 48 hours before serving.