Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is the one my Aunt used to make and we love it. We do add a bit of cinnamon but you dont have to.
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries, rinsed and picked through
- 1⁄2-1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh orange zest
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained or 1 (8 ounce) can juice, to complement orange juice (just watch your sugar if you do)
- cinnamon (optional)
- In a medium saucepan combine the cranberries and 1/2 cup orange juice.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- You will want most if not all of the berries popped.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Taste and adjust sugar if needed.
- Add a little cinnamon if you like.
Yum! This was easy to make and so much better than the stuff from a can. I loved the addition of pineapple. Thanks for posting this recipe, it was a great addition to our Thanks giving dinner :)
Very yummy and a big hit at a recent holiday dinner.
I have made this recipe in the past but added walnuts. Boy oh boy is it ever good, and great as a left over on vanilla ice cream. Yummmmmmmmm