Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
"The plentiful cranberries in this tart-sweet sauce contain condensed tannins, which help to combat urinary tract infections. This version has apples, sweet currants and walnuts added to the mix" - From the Prevention Magazine book, "Natural Healing Guide 2002."
- Heat the water in a medium saucepan over low heat and stir in the sugar.
- Simmer the mixture until the sugar dissolves (2-3 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the apple, cranberries and simmer, uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until the berries have popped and the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the currants and cloves and let cool.
- Stir in the nuts and serve.