This is a beautiful liqueur. Make extra and give as a gift in a cut-glass or blown glass bottle. Use blueberries or raspberries to vary the flavors.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the sugar and water in a large pan, and bring to a boil.
- 2Simmer 5 minutes and then stir in the berries and grated rinds.
- 3Take off the heat; cool.
- 4Sterilize a 1 quart jar and pour berry/sugar mix into it.
- 5Add vodka and stir.
- 6Cover with lid.
- 7Store in a cool dark place for one month, shaking every other day.
- 8At the end of the month, strain the berries out.
- 9Sterilize another jar, and pour the liquid into it.
- 10Cover, put back in the dark, and let sit another four weeks.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cranberry Liqueur
Serving Size: 1 (1508 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3179.5
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 15.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 423.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 407.4 g
- Protein 0.8 g