Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a beautiful liqueur. Make extra and give as a gift in a cut-glass or blown glass bottle. Use blueberries or raspberries to vary the flavors.
- Combine the sugar and water in a large pan, and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 5 minutes and then stir in the berries and grated rinds.
- Take off the heat; cool.
- Sterilize a 1 quart jar and pour berry/sugar mix into it.
- Add vodka and stir.
- Cover with lid.
- Store in a cool dark place for one month, shaking every other day.
- At the end of the month, strain the berries out.
- Sterilize another jar, and pour the liquid into it.
- Cover, put back in the dark, and let sit another four weeks.