This uncooked cranberry relish is very refreshing with a unique ginger-citrus flavour.
Make and share this Cranberry-Ginger Relish recipe from Food.com.
- With a zester or a grater, remove the zest from the grapefruit and the tangerine; set aside.
- Peel the 2 fruits and cut into segments, removing all pith, seeds and membranes.
- Transfer to a food processor and swirl around until finely chopped; place in a large bowl.
- Add the cranberries (no need to thaw if frozen) and ginger to food processor and pulse until chopped; be careful not to overprocess.
- Add cranberry-ginger mixture to citrus fruit in bowl and stir in sugar, lime juice and zest; stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Taste and add more sugar if you feel it's necessary.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let flavours blend; keeps well for about 2 weeks.
- Makes just over 2 cups.