Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup couscous
- 1⁄2 cup currants
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted
- 1 orange, grated (zest of)
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, finely chopped (cilantro)
- hot chili flakes
- In saucepan, bring water to boil.
- Stir in couscous and currants.
- Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and ginger.
- Saute 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add cumin seeds.
- Saute 1 minute. With fork, fluff couscous and currants.
- Stir in onion mixture, orange zest and coriander.
- Add salt and hot chili flakes to taste.
Really wonderful blend of flavors...very original. The orange and coriander really jump out at you and the currants provide a bit of sweetness. I added a red bell pepper to the mix. I'll be making this one a lot. Thanks for the recipe!
Very good. I thought it's a tad complicated as you need to zest an orange and grate ginger but the flavors all come together for a very nice dish. I didn't have coriander so I omitted it. I'll be making this again.