Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com, and altered it slightly, using lemon juice instead of vinegar. This is an unbelievably simple recipe that puts together the friendly flavours of couscous, chickpeas, plum tomatoes, and cucumbers, accompanied with the tang of lemon! This is great for quick meals when there's no time to spare!
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Stir in couscous, and remove from heat.
- Cover, and let stand about 5 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, mix couscous and garbanzo beans.
- Toss in tomatoes and cucumbers.
- Stir olive oil and lemon juice (or vinegar) into the mixture.
- Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.