I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com, and altered it slightly, using lemon juice instead of vinegar. This is an unbelievably simple recipe that puts together the friendly flavours of couscous, chickpeas, plum tomatoes, and cucumbers, accompanied with the tang of lemon! This is great for quick meals when there's no time to spare!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- 2Stir in couscous, and remove from heat.
- 3Cover, and let stand about 5 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed.
- 4Fluff with a fork.
- 5In a large bowl, mix couscous and garbanzo beans.
- 6Toss in tomatoes and cucumbers.
- 7Stir olive oil and lemon juice (or vinegar) into the mixture.
- 8Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Couscous with Chickpeas
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.5
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 326.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 11.5 g