Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty and pretty side dish.
Make and share this Couscous and Sun-Dried Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, halved and chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup couscous (I prefer the whole wheat couscous)
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- Heat oil in pan that has a tight fitting lid.
- Saute onions until they just start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and continue to saute about 5 minutes more, or until the onions become translucent.
- Pour in boiling water, stir and bring back up to a boil.
- Add couscous and stir.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork when done.
This is nice, but a bit plain. I seasoned it with a bit of salt and pepper at the end. I'm sure it would be a lot more flavourful with some sauteed or roasted bell peppers. Instead of using boiling water, I added plain water, brought it to a boil, added the couscous, stirred once, switched off the burner, covered tighly, and let it sit undisturbed for 5 minutes. It works every time, and the couscous is done just right!
We all enjoy eating couscous in our family and this dish was so simple, quick and delicious. Thank you Jennifer Michele for posting your recipe
This was a very simple, quick and attractive dish. This was my first experience with couscous. I found it a bit bland. My family wasn't that impressed with it. I think, instead of using boiling water, chicken stock would give it a bit more taste. I did add some salt and pepper to it at the end. I didn't give this a 2 star because it was a 'bad dish'. It wasn't. We just haven't aquired a taste for couscous....yet. Thank you for posting.