Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love squash. I tossed together this veggie concoction and man is it good. I am a vegan, so I have been testing new ideas for recipes. It's super simple and tastes great.
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 large yellow crook-necked squash
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 tablespoons water (Halved as 2 Tb and 2 Tb)
- Rinse/wash the squash before preparing.
- Cut off both ends of each squash.
- Slice the squashes into 1/4 inch chip shapes.
- Slice the larger chips into half moon shapes.
- Spray a pan suitable to stir fry all of the squash in with cooking oil.
- Put all of the squash in the pan and spray some more oil across the squash.
- Sprinkle the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika evenly across the squash.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan and toss everything together in the pan.
- Heat the pan to medium.
- When it starts to sizzle begin stirring occasionally so as not to burn the squash and cook evenly.
- When the water evaporates, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of water.
- Keep tossing occasionally until the squash is half transparent and reasonably soft. (This takes about 15-20 minutes.).
- When the squash is to it's suitable consistancy, remove it from the heat and serve.
This is probably the most bland, mushiest, abomination of fresh vegetables I have ever made. I thought I would give it a try, and I am sooo sorry I did. Absolutely horrible. Sorry. I will stick with my oven roasted veggies with olive oil and seasoning. Moving on.....
Boy did we love this veggie dish! So healthy and flavorful, loved that no butter or oil was needed, just cooking spray and water. This spice combination provided great flavor while still allowing the fresh taste of the squash to shine through. This is a keeper - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring Pick-A-Chef 2011