1/1 Photo of Country Stir-Fried Yellow and Zucchini Squash
I love squash. I tossed together this veggie concoction and man is it good. I am a vegan, so I have been testing new ideas for recipes. It's super simple and tastes great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse/wash the squash before preparing.
- 2Cut off both ends of each squash.
- 3Slice the squashes into 1/4 inch chip shapes.
- 4Slice the larger chips into half moon shapes.
- 5Spray a pan suitable to stir fry all of the squash in with cooking oil.
- 6Put all of the squash in the pan and spray some more oil across the squash.
- 7Sprinkle the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and paprika evenly across the squash.
- 8Add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan and toss everything together in the pan.
- 9Heat the pan to medium.
- 10When it starts to sizzle begin stirring occasionally so as not to burn the squash and cook evenly.
- 11When the water evaporates, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of water.
- 12Keep tossing occasionally until the squash is half transparent and reasonably soft. (This takes about 15-20 minutes.).
- 13When the squash is to it's suitable consistancy, remove it from the heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Country Stir-Fried Yellow and Zucchini Squash
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 46.6
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1174.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g