Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here's a way to make the cornstarch paste called for in some of my recipes.
Make and share this Cornstarch Paste / Egg Substitute recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Some recipes call for cornstarch paste as the thickening agent without specifying the exact proportions of cornstarch and water.
- This recipe is offered as an approximate guide until you find what works best for you.
- Some cooks prefer the thin paste, some prefer thick.
- Thoroughly mix together cornstarch and cold water.
- Always stir mixture again just before using because the starch settles.
I was going to make a cake and realized I only had 1 egg and I needed 3. I didn't want to go back to the store, so I ended here and it worked great. Thanks. The cake came out great.
What a time saver! I was baking to satisfy a dessert craving, and tried this instead of sending husband out to the store. I mixed the starch in with the dry ingredients, and the water in with the wet. Half an hour later we had dessert - and I couldn't tell the difference at all.