Here's a way to make the cornstarch paste called for in some of my recipes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Some recipes call for cornstarch paste as the thickening agent without specifying the exact proportions of cornstarch and water.
- 2This recipe is offered as an approximate guide until you find what works best for you.
- 3Some cooks prefer the thin paste, some prefer thick.
- 4Thoroughly mix together cornstarch and cold water.
- 5Always stir mixture again just before using because the starch settles.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornstarch Paste / Egg Substitute
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 10.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g