Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. My BF made this dish tonight, with the freshest zucchini and corn on the cob, it was delightful. He reduced the oil from 4 tablespoons to 1, and sprinkled liberally with pepper and omitted the parsley. Simple preparation, outstanding results. From a special issue of Saveur, the best of Tex-Mex Cooking.
- Cut sqash in half lengthwise and thinly slice crosswise and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, 2-3 minutes.
- Add squash and cook, stirring often, until just soft, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add corn and cook, stirrig often, about 5 minutes more.
- Add parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.