An Dracon's Note:
This is my version of the pickled vegetables they serve at Vietnamese restaurants. I have eliminated the sugar by using Splenda. This is a very refreshing and bright tasting side dish. It goes very well with rice based dishes or grilled meats. FYI - You can buy already prepared matchstick carrots in the grocery store.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the cucumber leaving small strips of green remaining.
- 2Cut in half.
- 3Slice halves into 1/2" thick slices.
- 4Cut the onion into 1/4" thick rings.
- 5Quarter the rings and separate the pieces.
- 6Take the carrot matchsticks or half-rounds, onion, and cucumber and place them in a glass bowl.
- 7In a small bowl, mix the rice vinegar and Splenda.
- 8Pour over the vegetables, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 9The pickled vegetables need to be used within 24 hours.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cool Cukes
Serving Size: 1 (72 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 15.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 0.4 g